Logo
  Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Dogie bye-byes!    How do you make your dog to stay at home when you leave out the front door every morning?

Post Response 
duduy5
09/12/2008
11:40:55 AM
Try this exercise Part 1
Try training it to stay with this exercise. Put your dog on a leash and tell it to sit and praise it with a treat.. Then holding your palm out facing the dog, slowly walk backwards, saying the dog’s name followed by the word “stay”.

duduy5
09/12/2008
11:41:32 AM
Try this exercise Part 2
If the dog doesn’t move, praise the dog copiously and give it a treat. Follow again with 2 steps back, then 3, saying the same thing. If the dog doesn’t move every time, praise it lavishly and give it a treat. Do this several times and the dog will learn eventually to stay at home while you run out the door.

1  |
Related Forums   
Training Problems
Can someone give me a list of dog training mistakes?
Rott keeps on barking
A few days ago I found a cute Rottweiler in my yard and I think that he is still young, maybe 6 or 7 months. I was ...
What to do with a pup that is newly brought home?
How do you raise a puppy that has been newly brought home? Post your tips please.
Westminster Kennel Club show
When is the next Westminster Kennel Club show schedule and where it will be taking place? I have never been to ...
How to train a German Shepherd
Must be well muscled,balanced,confident,alert,approachable,courageous,fearless,and have a fighting instinct. Early ...
Dog Calling
How does it help to train my dog early to come to me when called?
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*