Logo
  Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Dogie bye-byes!    How do you make your dog to stay at home when you leave out the front door every morning?

Post Response 
duduy5
09/12/2008
11:40:55 AM
Try this exercise Part 1
Try training it to stay with this exercise. Put your dog on a leash and tell it to sit and praise it with a treat.. Then holding your palm out facing the dog, slowly walk backwards, saying the dog’s name followed by the word “stay”.

duduy5
09/12/2008
11:41:32 AM
Try this exercise Part 2
If the dog doesn’t move, praise the dog copiously and give it a treat. Follow again with 2 steps back, then 3, saying the same thing. If the dog doesn’t move every time, praise it lavishly and give it a treat. Do this several times and the dog will learn eventually to stay at home while you run out the door.

1  |
Related Forums   
Training Ferb with a Spray bottle
Ferb has some bad habits that irritate me a lot. I think that he would usually do some of these things to annoy me or ...
Dogs on new years day
On New Year's Day festivities, I observed that dogs get startled and scared so much because of the firecrackers and ...
Dog Jumping
My dog Ahren always jumps over on anyone when he gets excited even to strangers. How can I train him to correct this ...
Boxer is super aggressive with his toys
I have a dog named Milo and he is such a sweet, gentle and loving creature. He would play around with all the kids in ...
Best trick you ever taught your dog
Dogs are intelligent animals. What dog trick fascinates you whenever your pet shows it?
What is Agility Training?
Okay, I'm still kind of new at this training stuff so you'll have to pardon my ignorance....but, what is agility ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*