Logo
  Monday, March 18, 2019
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

What a big chewer!    I know for a fact that Hunter loves chewing and he would usually bite and chew everything that is within his reach. I have seen him chew off my sister's slippers and I have also seen him chew off the furniture. I just let him be because he never does any major damage to the furniture and other things in the house. I was sleeping a few hours ago and I kept him on leash. I know that he would bite and chew on it but I never expected that he would eat his way out through his leash! I was really surprised because it was unbelievable. I had to buy a new one and hope that he doesn't eat it.

Post Response 
ilovedogss37
08/19/2010
01:15:26 AM
What a big chewer!
This also happens a lot with Princess and Angel! They would really chew off their leash until it is broken. I am not really sure why they do that because I always let them off leash when necessary. I just had to keep them on leash sometimes because we had to take a walk in the park or when I am doing something and I don't want them to be messing things up. They always want to be outside in the yard and I just could not let them go out freely because there are many stray and aggressive dogs outside.

dogsarelove17
08/19/2010
01:22:01 AM
What a big chewer!
Rocky was exactly like that a few months ago and it had been a big problem for us. I really could not control it and I went to ask my friend who is a veterinarian about it. She advised that maybe I could use a leash that is 1/2 made of chain and the other of regular leash. it is specifically made for horses but I still decided to give it a try since he badly needed one. During the first time that we used it on him, he still kept on biting but stopped only after a few minutes. It has worked very well because he could not chew on the metal part thus saving me more money on buying a new leash.

1  |
Related Forums   
Dogs on new years day
On New Year's Day festivities, I observed that dogs get startled and scared so much because of the firecrackers and ...
How do I train my dog?
I have a Labrador puppy, I want him to sit, stay and fetch when i tell him. I also want to be able to tap my hip and ...
Drowsy is still not potty-trained
I have Drowsy for months already. I have been doing everything in the past few months just so she will be ...
Dog's Toys R Us
Everyone knows that baby dogs like to chew and chew. If you are not careful your shoes will be their chewing gum. So I ...
Looking for dog training school in NY
Hello, Please help me locate training school for dogs in New York. Thanks!
Dog Calling
How does it help to train my dog early to come to me when called?
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*