Logo
  Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Begging for scraps    How do handle Rover’s continuous behavior of begging for food scraps at the dinner table?

Post Response 
Sissy
11/03/2008
10:39:44 AM
Re; Begging for scraps
Try not to give in to giving food to a begging dog at the table. Your response encourages him to consider you as an equal and therefore, it will reinforce his belief that he has the right to eat also at the same time as his human family eats.

Chuck
11/03/2008
10:40:39 AM
Re: Begging for scraps
Never, never give in to your dog’s behavior or you will have a problem later on. It might look cute when they are puppies but then when the behavior continues until they are way bigger, it will be irritating in time.

Beryl
11/03/2008
10:41:20 AM
Re: Begging for scraps
Make sure your guests and friends also are informed not to give in to their begging. A dog might try the trick with your new friends and guests, so make sure they are properly forewarned before the dinner table.

1  |
Related Forums   
Dog Euthanasia
What is it that one must understand when it is time for your dog to “put to sleep”?
The puppies are always fighting
The puppies are always fighting like a little scuffle here and there. But last week I have noticed that they were ...
Bergamasco Character, special skills
Alert,keen and well balanced,this dog has an ideal personality for flock guarding. This breed's friendly ...
Looking for a low-shedding dog
My sister doesn't have a dog in their house and I want to give her one because her husband is away for work. I can't ...
Walking the dogs
Do you walk your dogs? And if you do, how long do you walk them? I walk my Siberian Husky for about an hour or so. I ...
What makes dogs different from other animals?
Dogs have extra-sensitive senses that make them highly trainable. Dogs also learn things fast and know how to react to ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*