Logo
  Monday, May 20, 2019
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Rabies, not only in dogs    When you say rabies what comes exactly to your mind? Dogs, right? a lot of people, including me, have this perception that rabies, once a person got bitten, would think it only applies to dogs, not at all, actually rabies, is a viral zoonotic neuroinvasive disease that causes acute encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) in mammals which is also known as "hydrophobia" are not only seen in dogs, but actually with other animals such as cats, rats etc.

Post Response 
glove
11/03/2008
11:51:27 AM
Re: Rabies, not only in dogs
That's true, not only dogs have rabies, even our household cats, horses, bears, bats, monkeys, raccoons, foxes, skunks, cattle and wolves. Be careful with these animals not only they are wild but they got rabies too.

rainman
11/03/2008
11:53:32 AM
Re: Rabies, not only in dogs
Rabies has the possibility to spread also through exposure to infected domesticated farm animals, groundhogs, weasels and other wild carnivores.

1  |
Related Forums   
Any suggestions on pet insurance?
I feel my health insurance with Banfield is not worth it. I pay 22$ per month and it is not even comprehensive. It ...
Refilling Dog Medications
Are there rules in dispensing dog’s medication? What if a recurring illness occurs when there are no refills?
Loud Trucks And Buses
When I take my dog out for a walk & if a school bus comes near or a loud truck (diesel) goes by, he strains at the ...
When your dog has fever
How would you know if your dog is sick? What do you do to make your pet feel better?
Hip Problems
Hey guys I need some help. I have a pup who has some hip problems. He is always in pain during the night time. What am ...
Do's and Dont's for Dog Maintenance
I know this is an old topic but, nevertheless I wanna tackle this topic to help others who are just starting up, and ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*