Logo
  Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

How often should I feed my dog?   
I have a new pet and I am clueless on how often I should feed her. I asked some friends about it and they told me that once is enough to keep my dog full and satisfied. I had doubts about what they said because feeding them once a day? Isn't that less then the recommended? Is it OK if I give my dog more than that like maybe should I give him a heavy meal for breakfast and some treats throughout the entire day? I am really clueless and I need your help. I don’t want to over-feed her but I don’t want her to become hungry.

Post Response 
ilovedogss37
08/18/2010
12:24:24 AM
Hi! I think that it is acceptable to feed just once a day because many people have been using that feeding method for years and they did not experience any problems or difficulties with their dogs. As for me, I do not prefer that method because I prefer to feed my dogs 2 to 3 times a day depending on their activity level. If they have been running around too much or playing with each other, I feed them more often but if not, twice a day is enough. I also make sure that I keep track of what they are eating because just like what you have said, I don't want to over-feed them either.

kristina
08/18/2010
12:31:13 AM
I have a small dog and I just feed Dorothy once a day and she has been perfectly fine with it. She's not really a big eater so once a day is already enough for her. I tried feeding her twice a day but she doesn't like to eat the second meal. I just give her a treat like a banana or an apple during snack time so that she won't be too hungry. I prefer it that way because I get to save more and she also prefers it that way. I guess the amount and how often you feed your dog should depend on him or her. Try giving him a second meal and if he or she likes it then do it again for the next day.

1  |
Related Forums   
Dog Eating snails
My dog is eating snails. Is it harmful for him?
Canned dog foods
I have been feeding Dorothy canned dog foods in 12 oz. I am looking for a cheaper alternative though because the one ...
Is it ok to feed dogs with chicken eggs?
I haven't tried feeding my dog with eggs. I want him to have that needed protein that is I believe very rich in eggs. ...
eating craw fish
I just wanted to know whether eating craw fish is harmful to dogs?
Orijen dog food
Do you have any recommendation what to give my pit bull Drowsy? She is 2 years old and she doesn't get much exercise. I ...
Home cooking vs dog foods
Hi guys! I am living on a budget right now and I want to save more money but I do not want to compromise the health and ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*