Logo
  Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

How often should I feed my dog?   
I have a new pet and I am clueless on how often I should feed her. I asked some friends about it and they told me that once is enough to keep my dog full and satisfied. I had doubts about what they said because feeding them once a day? Isn't that less then the recommended? Is it OK if I give my dog more than that like maybe should I give him a heavy meal for breakfast and some treats throughout the entire day? I am really clueless and I need your help. I don’t want to over-feed her but I don’t want her to become hungry.

Post Response 
ilovedogss37
08/18/2010
12:24:24 AM
Hi! I think that it is acceptable to feed just once a day because many people have been using that feeding method for years and they did not experience any problems or difficulties with their dogs. As for me, I do not prefer that method because I prefer to feed my dogs 2 to 3 times a day depending on their activity level. If they have been running around too much or playing with each other, I feed them more often but if not, twice a day is enough. I also make sure that I keep track of what they are eating because just like what you have said, I don't want to over-feed them either.

kristina
08/18/2010
12:31:13 AM
I have a small dog and I just feed Dorothy once a day and she has been perfectly fine with it. She's not really a big eater so once a day is already enough for her. I tried feeding her twice a day but she doesn't like to eat the second meal. I just give her a treat like a banana or an apple during snack time so that she won't be too hungry. I prefer it that way because I get to save more and she also prefers it that way. I guess the amount and how often you feed your dog should depend on him or her. Try giving him a second meal and if he or she likes it then do it again for the next day.

1  |
Related Forums   
Top 10 American Breeds
Hey dog lovers! Last April 2008 survey I got a list of top 10 American dog breeds and here they are: # 10 Bulldog # ...
Foodstuff that can be harmful for dogs
Please post here Foodstuff that can be harmful for dogs. It was said from another posting that salt can be more harmful ...
Beer for a puddle...
My puddle drinks beer and starts to sing with any beat. I know it may not be healthy but I only do it sometimes when I ...
Homemade dog treats
Hi friends,I'm looking for some recipes for homemade dog treats such as cookies, cupcakes, all sorts of stuff. Any help ...
Good Meats & Bad Meats
Can anyone tell me which meats are good & bad?
Favorite treats of your dogs
What are the favorite treats of your dogs? All of my dogs including Dragon, Wolf, Princess, angel, and all the others ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*